Job Opening: Statistical Project Director
The Winston Group is excited to announce the following opportunity to join our growing team. We look for creative, curious, data-driven individuals who are interested in developing new skills to help our clients solve their toughest challenges. Our center-right firm offers opinion research and strategic consulting services to a wide range of political, non-profit, corporate and advocacy clients. The job description below offers an idea of the responsibilities and skills we need on our team, though we tend to find that roles and responsibilities change from project to project, offering our team the chance to build a wide array of skills.
About the role
Responsibilities will include:
- Writing analytical reports
- Generating survey crosstabs and handling data analysis tasks
- Designing opinion research projects including draft survey questionnaires and focus group moderators’ guides
- Preparing proposals and research on policy topics related to client work
- Managing research logistics (including occasional travel to observe focus groups)
- Drafting client presentations
- Proofing and editing deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree required. Ideal candidates will be outstanding recent graduates or have one to three years full-time experience working in politics, policy, communications, academic research or social science, ideally with a focus on data and analysis
- Experience working with statistical software (such as SPSS) and ability to do regression, correlation, and cluster analysis is strongly preferred
- Include with your application a brief writing sample that highlights your ability to write in a way that is engaging and thoughtful
- Submit applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will contact you if we are interested in discussing your background with you further or to schedule an interview. We will not always contact all candidates who apply for a position.